"YOUR FRIENDLY PHILIPPINE FOREIGNERS AND PHILIPPINE PROVINCES ONLINE ELECTRICAL SUPPLIER"

"YOUR FRIENDLY PHILIPPINE FOREIGNERS AND PHILIPPINE PROVINCES ONLINE ELECTRICAL SUPPLIER...AND SERVICE PROVIDER" WE'LL HELP YOU OWN YOUR ELECTRICAL SUPPLIES REQUIREMENTS

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

How do fan controllers work?

How do fan controllers work?

Last response:  in Overclocking
How do fan controllers work?

I'm assuming you plug power into the controller and then plug all the fans into the controller? What type of power plugs do the controllers take from the fans? The four pin molex, the small kind that plugs into mobo's, or both? I've looked at a bunch of fan controllers for sale on different websites and I never see them list what type of fan plugs they accept.

For example, I have an Antec Nine Hundred case and the four fans it comes with all have 4 pin molex connectors...but they also have a cable coming off of them which has a switch to choose high, medium, or low. I'm assuming I can find a controller that will accept 4 fans with 4 pin molex's. Then just turn the built in fan switches to high and use the controller to set the speeds...

I need the fans turned to medium to keep it cool while playing games...but it would be nice to turn it down while I was just web browsing or leaving it on to download stuff...

Thanks
More about : fan controllers work
Yeah, 4-pin molex for power and then connect the fans with 3-pin power and if you have molex fans then some fan controllers includes molex-to-3-pin adapters. I'm using fan controller from Vantec.

No comments: